Faculty Profile: Lucy E. Dunne
Lucy E. Dunne, Ph.D.
Specialties & Expertise
- Apparel Design
- Functional Apparel
- Smart Clothing/Wearable Technology
Course Titles (resident and outreach teaching
- ADes 2222 Apparel Design Studio II
- ADes 3223 Apparel Design Studio III
- ADes 3224 Apparel Design Studio IV
- ApSt 5185 Human Factors in Design
- L.E. Dunne, G. Gioberto, H. Koo. (2011) A Method of Measuring Garment Movement for Wearable Sensing. Proc. of the 15th IEEE International Symposium on Wearable Computers, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- L.E. Dunne. (2010) Wearable Technology. In Welters and Lilethun, Eds. The Fashion Reader, 2nd Edition. New York, Berg.
- L.E. Dunne. (2010) Beyond the Second Skin: An Experimental Approach to Addressing Garment Style and Fit Variables in the Design of Sensing Garments. International Journal of Fashion Design, Technology, and Education, 3:3 p109-117.
- L.E. Dunne. (2010) Optical Bend Sensing for Wearable Goniometry: Exploring the Comfort/Accuracy Tradeoff. Research Journal of Textiles and Apparel. 14:4 p73-80.
- L.E. Dunne. (2010) Smart Clothing in Practice: Key Design Barriers to Commercialization. Fashion Practice, 2:1 p41-66.
- L.E. Dunne, P. Walsh, B. Smyth, and B. Caulfield. (2008) Wearable Monitoring of Seated Spinal Posture. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, 2:2 p97-105.
- L.E. Dunne and B. Smyth. (2007) Psychophysical Elements of Wearability. Proc. of Computer Human Interaction, San Jose, CA.
- L.E. Dunne, S.P. Ashdown, B. Smyth. (2005) Expanding Garment Functionality Using Embedded Electronic Technology. Journal of Textiles and Apparel Technology and Management, 4:3
- L.E. Dunne, S. Brady, D. Diamond, B. Smyth. (2005) Initial Development and Testing of a Novel Foam-Based Pressure Sensor for Wearable Sensing. Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 2:4
- 2011 College of Design Outstanding Research Award
- 2011 3M Non-Tenured Faculty Award
- 2010 Lectra Innovation Award for Faculty Research
- 2007 Corscience Young Investigator Award